1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out our new forums! Feel free to add your steam account so your friends can add you from forums itself. :)
    Dismiss Notice

World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by General, Jun 27, 2011.

1. General

General New Member

Hello all! I guess I will introduce this excellent game to you all!
    Info
    World of Warcraft is a relatively old game, Purely made up based on a book series by Blizzard Entertainment. It is a MMORPG, played by millions, hence Massively Multiplayer Online. There are Three expansions to this game (Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and The Cataclysm). This game does require a monthly subscription of $15 to play.
    In the game there are a ton of classes, ranging from Hunters to Priests to Warriors. There are also a ton of Races (E.G Orc, Tauren, Goblin, Night Elf, Draenei, Dwarf) in the game, all with their own Unique Racial Abilities.

There is TWO opposing factions in WoW, The Horde and The Alliance. The Horde and the Alliance are mortal enemies. They fight and compete every day for resources on their world, Azeroth.

Every Race has its own unique background, and all that history would be too long to tell :).
    Every class in World Of Warcraft is unique and useful in its own way, whether being a Tank, who takes all the damage and aggro, or a Healer who keeps the group alive, or the DPS, who just kill the enemy, but in Raids and Dungeons, also mind the tactics of the boss fight to ensure there is not a wipe or mistake.

System Requirements: It doesnt take a mega machine to run WoW, but it can help if your machine is better than average :)
    Microsoft Windows Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit supported) Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ 1 GB or more of RAM NVIDIA Geforce FX or ATI Radeon 9500 video card or better 25 GB free HD space 4× DVD-ROM drive (Downloadable Installer also available) Broadband Internet connection

Mac OS X Mac OS X 10.5.8, Mac OS X 10.6.4 or newer Intel processor 2 GB RAM or higher ATI or NVIDIA video card with 64 MB Video RAM or more 25 GB free HD space 4× DVD-ROM drive Broadband Internet connection

Review by a Professional: Yes, i am no Pro. Here is a Review by the MMORPG god, MMOHUT: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YEvW64bTeBk

Game Intro: When you first play WoW, there will be a unique and exotic cinematic to the specific Race, telling its background a little, and the current situation in Azeroth. The game is very easy to follow, and it has its own integrated Quest Helper. Plus, all of the quests are pretty easy to follow, and at the end of each quest in each town, it sends you to the next town appropriate to your level. The questing in this game does NOT require you to follow a specific paths to certain towns; You can forge your own path through Azeroth. Some of the quests are fun, too, and some are just simple grinding.
    Here is a sample Race Intro: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kcz_BFPPDD8

Races: There are a few Races in WoW, each Unique and cool in their own way.

RACES

Alliance
    Horde

Playstyle: WoW has several different Playstyles. You can PvP, which consists of battling the opposing factions in Battlegrounds which have set objectives, like Capture the flag, or Headquarters. Each battleground is really cool and unique. Also, if you dont like battling Others, you can PvE (Player Vs Environment). This consists of unique and difficult Raids and Dungeons with endgame Gears and fantasies.

Level Cap: In WoW, you start out as Level 1, and work your way to level 85, granted you have all the Expansions. Regular WoW's level cap is 60, then Burning crusade bumps it to 70, then Wrath of the Lich King bumps it to 80. Finally, The Cataclysm bumps it to 85. It is a long, but fun and adventurous journey.

Graphics: The graphics in World of Warcraft are BREATHTAKING! They are not the best graphics, but they are very close. It looks especially good on a 27inch HD monitor and decked PC :). The water looks realistic, actually flowing back and forth like a tide. When you see a hurricane, you might actually jump, fearing it is real. Here is a video showcasing some of WoW's graphics: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gtqujLp7rjU

Professions: You can have a Profession, which levels up as you level, so grab your Profession early! Each profession helps You level up and play in its own way. There are Primary and Secondary Professions. Here they are: PRIMARY: Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Engineering, Herbalism, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, Mining, Skinning, and Tailoring. Secondary: Archaeology, Cooking, First Aid, and Fishing.

Traveling Methods: You can travel from city to city, using a Flight Path system (It will require you to unlock the path to the city you are in and to your destination city first). You pay a small amount of in-game money, called Copper, silver, and Gold. Then a Windrider, Bat, or Eagle takes you to your destination. At level 20, you may buy your first mount. This consists of a Land-traveling mount. Each race has a race specific mount, but you can gain reputation with the other race and buy their mount. Later, you can get an Epic land mount, which is much faster. Even later, you can buy a Flying mount, and an Epic flying mount. Most of the game you can fly in. Also, later, If you have Cataclysm, you can purchase an Underwater mount, for a certain leveling area.

Social: In WoW, you can have a LARGE amount of friends. You can also have a Guild, like a Clan, and have up to 400 people in it. This can help you PvP, Quest, or do raids/dungeons, or just hang out with all your friends at once!

World Events: WoW has World events, around Holidays. They are ussually fun and sometimes helpful. The main ones i remember are around Christmas time, Haloween, and Easter. They also have other events, and a special event for Summer/July 4th.

Endgame: There is no Real endgame in World of Warcraft. To really reach Endgame, you'd have to be better than every other play in WoW, if you are a PVPer or PvEer. You can always get better gear, or do another achievement.

This game has SO many things you can do!

I hope you liked my crazy, and rushed, somewhat, Review!

2 people like this.
  2. Corey

Corey New Member

I liked this game when i played it :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Dragonji

Dragonji New Member

Nice review. I've never played WoW, maybe I have to try? :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Artisan

Artisan New Member

It was a great game. If I could dedicate the time to raiding every week I'd still play it. It took too much time, never had 20 solid hours that were the same every week that I could raid.

1 person likes this.
  5. General

General New Member

Thanks for the Feedback guys :D

6. Shagger

Shagger New Member

Awesome general, you made a great review !!

1 person likes this.
  7. rungame

rungame New Member

great server for super fun wotlk